Saturday, August 12, 2006

More Kevin Smith confessions

In reply to my confession that Sydney and I own a Dimension Collector's Series DVD of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, my hero Brett Cox writes:
But will you both be going to see Clerks II? Jeanne's already told me I'm on my own for Snakes on a Plane.
Do you know, I haven't even seen the original Clerks yet? That's too bad, considering I have seen Mallrats. Seeing Clerks II before I see Clerks just seems wrong.

As for Snakes on a Plane, I suspect that it'll be just you and a few million of your friends.

Come to think of it, though, I wonder whether recent news events will hurt the popularity of that venerable subgenre, the airliner-in-peril movie, as briefly happened after the Sept. 11 attacks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If the plot that was foiled had actually been carried out, it wouldn't have surprised me if they'd postponed the opening. But it'll be interesting to see how the movie does after all the hype. I just hope the real world doesn't yield a movie about the carefree, happy-go-lucky days of early 2006 entitled _Books on a Plane_.

On a much lighter note, definitely see _Clerks_ before _Clerks II_.

Brett